Later, I realized they would be perfect for BRAIN BREAKS. I decided to write a different activity on each stick and put them in a cute cup. Then, it would be easy to have a student reach in and choose a “brain break” when the class deserved one! Here is a list of my brain breaks and a short description of each.
18. Little Bunny Foo Foo: Here's a link to a video if you don't remember the lyrics. Have kiddos act out the nursery rhyme.
19. Thumb Wrestling: Have students choose a partner and participate in some old-fashioned thumb wrestling. Be sure to establish your expectations before this little brain break.
20. Rock, Paper, Scissors: Let kiddos partner up for five rounds of Rock, Paper, Scissors. The winners get a high five from their partner. :)
21. Sky Writing: Have kiddos sky write their ABCs, sight words, spelling words, or a secret message to their friend.
22. Air Band: Choose an "air" instrument and "rock out!" Drums, guitar, and saxophone are my personal favorites.
23. Silent Yoga: Strike a yoga pose and see how long your students can hold that pose. Google "Kid Yoga" for some easy examples.
A special thanks to my reader, Madisson, for some of these fun, new suggestions!!
**A friend asked me to make printable Brain Break cards because she wanted to use them in her classroom right away and didn't have time to order the craft sticks seen above. I created them in black and white and simply printed on BRIGHT colored paper! I think they turned out super cute!**
You can download all 40 printable brain break cards HERE!!